Dancing will return and venue capacity limits will ease further next week, as the New South Wales Government announces a major rolling back of COVID-19 restrictions.
From 12:01am Monday 29 March, the cap on wedding and funeral attendance will be removed and there will be no restrictions on dancing, including at weddings and in pubs and nightclubs.
All venues will move to the ‘one person per two square metres‘ rule and entertainment venues will be allowed to operate at 100 per cent seated capacity.
The news follows last week’s relaxation of COVID-19 rules, which saw drinking while standing reintroduced across New South Wales venues.
Also from Monday, there will be no cap on visitors in New South Wales homes, however if there are more than 100 people there must be a COVID-19 safety plan in place, including electronic recording of visitor details.
Up to 200 people will be allowed at personal outdoor public gatherings, while mask wearing on public transport will move from ‘mandatory’ to ‘strongly recommended’.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said this next rolling back of restrictions is a significant step forward for the state.
“With no community transmission and our quarantine and frontline workers now receiving their second vaccinations, the timing is right to further ease restrictions across the state,” she said.
“As we do this, it is important we don’t let our guard down and continue to check in at venues, keep our social distance and get tested if we have even the mildest of symptoms.”